Thursday 4 June 2015

What to wear?!



I can't tell you how many mornings I've struggled to decide on what to wear! Most of the time I can comfortably throw a look together, but there are days when it's not that easy...and I walk out of the door looking like it! So I got thinking and decided to share a few "quick-style tips" on how to skip the wardrobe war and look stylish getting out of the door on time!

As Nina Garcia, Fashion Director of Marie Claire says, start with the shoes! For winter, I love boots. They look fabulous over a pair of great skinny jeans/pants or worn with a skirt and woolen stockings. For summer, I loooove a great pair of heels or pumps and they look great with three quarter pants and dresses.

Once you decide on your favorite shoe-bottom combos, the rest of the outfit will come together easily. I like to keep the interest in the bottoms I wear, with prints or bright colors and pair it with a classic shirt or blouse. So chic.

And there you have it 1. Shoes first 2. Interesting bottoms to go with your shoe choice and 3. A classic blouse like a crisp white shirt, you can never have too many!

If you're going with plain bottoms, add a touch of personality with an interesting scarf or handbag. Finish the look with a great blazer/coat and classic jewelry. My favorites are a watch/bracelet and a pair of stud earrings.

I hope I gave you a good start in deciding your personal standard! Remember, it's all about the shoes!

Here's to no more crazy wardrobe mornings *fingers crossed*

Photo cred Shoes from Spree online and clothing from Somerset Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment