Saturday 4 April 2015

Growing pains




Feeling adventurous? I did in July last year when I decided to chop off my long locks! I've always been obsessed with long hair and clung to mine for dear life! Lord forbid the hairdresser cut more than 1cm at my regular trim! Somehow I took the leap and went for the short do I saw on the series Suits! If you're thinking about going short, here are some tips to ease the growing pains:

1. If you know it's going to be a once-off short do, have it cut with longer lengths on the top and sides. It makes it easier to grow into a bob later on. (Photo grid - top left)

2. Go for a trim less often, perhaps wait 3-4 months (as opposed to the usual 8 weeks) before a trim. When you do go for a trim, keep the length on the tops and sides. (Photo grid - top right)

3. Keep growing it, wait another 3-4 months to trim your hair. At this point, you may start getting annoyed with it, but it will be the perfect length to pin. Experiment and see what you prefer. I wore my fringe in a "poof" and pinned the sides back. (Photo grid - bottom left)

4. Within a few months of pinning, you'll have a mini ponytail (Photo grid - bottom right)! You'll be ecstatic and will probably send pics of it to all of your friends lol At this stage you'll be ready to see your stylist and get that first bob!

Us females have an emotional attachment to our hair. When we've gone through something significant in our lives and we're looking for a change, the first thing we think about is changing our hair! Let's face it, good hair makes us feel brand new and empowers us to take on the world! I must admit, I never miss my long locks but I'm glad I'm at the bob stage. It's basically free flow from here! That said, I'de probably do short short again, it's a breathe of fresh air... 



2 comments: